About Me

Although my blog here is about good food, I’m not a foodie per se (my friends will beg to differ). I’m just fussy about food, that’s all. They (my friends that is) love to ask me where they can have good food. My usual response would be “what do you want to eat?” Sometimes they would say cheap, sometimes they would say good food (they don’t mind paying). Then I’ll crack my head to give them suggestions. Finally, I decided to start a blog on where to eat what, so I don’t have to crack my head anymore. 🙂 All my recommendations so far are for Singapore stalls/restaurants only.  I will try to expand my recommendations overseas as and when I can.

I’ve been asked an interesting question by another friend: “Have you actually eaten at all the places you recommend here?” The answer is yes, I’ve personally eaten at 58% of the places that I recommend here. The remaining 42% are either places I would like to visit coz I saw good reviews about the place or places where other friends have eaten and gave their thumbs up (in which case I thank them for their contribution at the end of each article).

I’ve also been deeply uplifted by the number of views this blog received each day. I’ve seen the increasing number of views and it has greatly inspired me to keep on doing this. So do free to contribute if you have any that are not in my blog (email to: eat_like_us@yahoo.com.sg). Bon appetit! And ermm… please don’t drool all over my blog. Heheh! 😀

Update on 1 Jan 2008:

I was approached by TheLocalKing to sign up and put up reviews of eating places in Singapore.  I warmly accepted the offer and have since put some of my original reviews there.  If you like, please visit http://www.thelocalking.com/eatlikeus.  As always, I’m deeply appreciative of your support and hope you’ll continue to support me further in the near future. 😀  Have a great 2008 ahead!

Update on 4 Apr 2008:

Argghhh….. they took off the site “StreetDirectory.com”.  This is the site that I love to link all the addresses to so it’s easy for you to locate the places to eat.  Unfortunately, I’ve tried the LTA’s online map.  Unfortunate because it takes forever to load and I can’t hyperlink to the exact location at all.  So bear with me as I try to find better alternatives to StreetDirectory.com.

Update on 29 May 2008:

I’ve just quit from my current job, am going for a short break to Bangkok tomorrow and then off to start a new job.  On top of that, I have a new puppy to train, so that will leave me little time to eat! Hehe… just bear with me for the time being till I am more settled down and I’ll be back! Till then, cheers!

Advertisements

6 responses to “About Me

  1. Have you tried the new cafe at 8 Shenton way. Basement 1. Its called “brew1819”. The Wraps and sandwiches are pretty good. Also sells cool musin from Putumayo and coffee table books.

  2. Hey Chip

    Wow! Sounds like a lovely place. I’ll be sure to check it out! Thank you so much!

  3. holas! wonderful site!
    however, i would like to enquire if the ‘story’ on the founder of epok-epok is real?

    And if it is, how do u actually track them down?

    *love the site!
    =)

  4. Hi Muffet

    Thanks for visiting my website. 🙂 Glad you like it.

    The epok-epok review was extracted from Makansutra. You can visit their website at http://www.makansutra.com. They are popular for their food reviews in Singapore.

  5. I can’t seem to find the review of ‘The Shepherd’s Pie’ in your blog. Their pies are very yummy. They do home delivery. Check them out. Cheers.

  6. Hi Baby B

    You can’t find the review here coz I’ve never eaten a Shepherd’s Pie before. You must be the owner I guess. 🙂

    But I will try it sometime. Thanks!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s